$17,000 in Healthcare Scholarships Awarded by Mission Regional Medical Center
Front Row (L-R): Miguel Garza, Nadia Gomez, Jennifer Shepherd, Brittany Bazaldua, Ariana Castillo, Alyssa Gutierrez, Krista-Bella Carlos and Lisset Gonzalez. Middle Row (L-R): Diego Bustillos, Rosa Gonzalez, Ivanna Castañeda, Alejandra Garcia, Sofia Chavez, Marlin Garcia, Ilse Puente and Adriana Serna. Back Row (L-R): Carlos Treviño, Chief Operating Officer; Kennetha Foster, Chief Nursing Officer; Javier Iruegas, Chief Executive Officer and Tim McVey, Chief Financial Officer.
Mission Regional Medical Center (MRMC) and the MRMC Medical Staff awarded $17,000 in scholarships to high school seniors from the Mission area and surrounding communities. The MRMC scholarships are awarded annually to seventeen outstanding students interested in pursuing a career in health care.
Participating schools include Mission, Sharyland, Veterans Memorial, La Joya, Pioneer, Juarez-Lincoln and Palmview High Schools. Juan Diego Academy and Jimmy Carter Early College High School are also among the recipient schools.
Academic performance, financial need and extra-curricular activities determine the winners of the $1,000 scholarship. A one-page essay is also required.
Recipients of the 17 - Mission Regional Medical Center Scholarships are:
- Alejandra Garcia (Jimmy Carter Early College High School)
- Lisset Gonzalez (Jimmy Carter Early College High School)
- Ariana Castillo (Juan Diego Academy)
- Sofia Chavez (Juarez-Lincoln High School)
- Marlin Garcia (Juarez-Lincoln High School)
- Adriana Serna (La Joya High School)
- Ilse Puente (La Joya High School)
- Diego Bustillos (Mission High School)
- Rosa Gonzalez (Mission High School)
- Krista-Bella Carlos (Palmview High School)
- Alyssa Gutierrez (Palmview High School)
- Nadia Gomez (Pioneer High School)
- Jennifer Shepherd (Pioneer High School)
- Ivana Castañeda (Sharyland High School)
- Miguel Garza (Sharyland High School)
- Brittany Bazaldua (Veterans Memorial High School)
- Karina Farias (Veterans Memorial High School)
Mission Regional Medical Center and its Medical Staff congratulate the dedication of these exceptional students and encourage their career in the health care industry.