Mission Regional Medical Center Announces Scholarship Winners
Mission Regional Medical Center announced the winners of the 12 Mission Regional Medical Center Scholarships for the year 2010. Mission Regional Medical Center awards these scholarships annually to help students interested in pursuing a career in the medical field.
The Mission Regional Medical Center Scholarship is available to students who are graduating seniors of Mission High School, Veterans Memorial High School, Sharyland High School, La Joya High School, Juarez-Lincoln High School and Palmview High School. Applicants for the scholarship must be interested in a career in healthcare, but not necessarily in any specific clinical discipline.
The Mission Regional Medical Center Administration and Board Members selected the scholarship recipients based on academic performance, financial need, and a one-page essay in which they briefly describe themselves and their plans for entering the health care field.
We are pleased to award $1,000 scholarships to each of the following exceptional students:
- Marylynn Perez (Juarez-Lincoln High School)
- Iris Quintanilla (Juarez-Lincoln High School)
- Karina Alvarado (La Joya High School)
- Aurora Lara (La Joya High School)
- Cristina Alvarado (Mission High School)
- Amy Valdez (Mission High School)
- Jennifer D. Aranda (Palmview High School)
- Martin Cantu (Palmview High School)
- Beatriz A. Quesada (Sharyland High School)
- Somer N. Salameh (Sharyland High School)
- Romeo Sanchez, Jr. (Veterans Memorial High School)
- Alexis Vlasik (Veterans Memorial High School)
The scholarship recipients attended a luncheon in their honor. Accompanied by Mission Regional Medical Center Administrators, recipients were awarded their $1,000.00 scholarship check during the luncheon on behalf of Mission Regional Medical Center.