Mission Regional Medical Center Awards $17,000 in Healthcare Scholarships
Front, L-R: Janay Rocha; Mikayla Martinez; Angela Balleteros; Amanda Trevino; Aylin Reta; Aurora Veliz; and Myriam Ibarra. Back, L-R: Tim McVey, Chief Financial Officer; Javier Iruegas, Chief Executive Officer; Elias Pulido; Brittny Garcia; Alejandra Lopez; Lizette Regino; Jessica Soto; Roberto Blanco; Brandon Garza; Carlos Trevino, Chief Operating Officer and Kennetha Foster, Chief Nursing Officer.
Mission Regional Medical Center (MRMC) and the MRMC Medical Staff awarded $17,000 in scholarships to seventeen exceptional students from nine different high schools in the Mission area. The scholarships are awarded annually to high school seniors interested in pursuing a career in health care.
MRMC scholarships are available to students who are graduating seniors from Mission, Veterans Memorial, Sharyland, La Joya, Juarez-Lincoln, Palmview and Jimmy Carter Early College High School. This is the first year the scholarships were available to students from Juan Diego Academy and Pioneer High School.
The application for the $1,000 scholarship highlights academic performance, financial need and extra-curricular activities. A one-page essay is also required.
Recipients of the 17 - Mission Regional Medical Center Scholarships are:
- Jessica A. Soto (Jimmy Carter Early College High School)
- Roberto D. Blanco (Jimmy Carter Early College High School)
- Janay L. Rocha (Juan Diego Academy)
- Myriam A. Ibarra (Juan Diego Academy)
- Yaletzy Alaniz (Juarez-Lincoln High School)
- Aurora I. Veliz (Juarez-Lincoln High School)
- Brittny L. Garcia (La Joya High School)
- Aylin Reta Cordoba (Mission High School)
- Alejandra E. Lopez (Mission High School)
- Amanda M. Trevino (Palmview High School)
- Elias Pulido (Palmview High School)
- Angela T. Ballesteros (Pioneer High School)
- Lizette E. Regino (Pioneer High School)
- Dong Geon Lee (Sharyland High School)
- Marco A. Sanchez (Sharyland High School)
- Mikayla A. Martinez (Veterans Memorial High School)
- Brandon M. Garza (Veterans Memorial High School
Mission Regional Medical Center and its Medical Staff congratulate the dedication of these outstanding students and encourage their career in the health care industry.