MRMC Scholarship Winners Named
Mission Regional Medical Center announced today the winners of the 12 Mission Regional Medical Center Scholarships for the year 2009. Mission Regional Medical Center awards these scholarships annually to help students interested in pursuing a career in the medical field.
The award is a $1,000 scholarship for outstanding senior students completing their high school education. "These students are all amazing in their own right and share one common goal: Their desire to give back to their community,” remarked Javier Iruegas, CEO, Mission Regional Medical Center. “As a non-profit community hospital, we understand the community's need for great doctors, nurses, pharmacists, therapists and other healthcare professionals. The Scholarships we award are one of the many ways that Mission Regional Medical Center contributes to meeting this need."
The Mission Regional Medical Center Scholarship is available to students who are graduating seniors of Mission High School, Veterans Memorial High School, Sharyland High School, La Joya High School, Juarez-Lincoln High School and Palmview High School. Applicants for the scholarship must be interested in a career in healthcare, but not necessarily in any specific clinical discipline.
The Mission Regional Medical Center Administration and Board Members selected the scholarship recipients based on academic performance, financial need, and a one-page essay in which they briefly describe themselves and their plans for entering the health care field.
We are pleased to award $1,000 scholarships to each of the following exceptional students:
- Jeannie Rae Bazan (Juarez-Lincoln High School)
- Alejandra Espinoza (Juarez-Lincoln High School)
- Elizabeth Garcia (La Joya High School)
- Patricia Martinez (La Joya High School)
- Alyssa M. Perez (Mission High School)
- Jose A. Villanueva (Mission High School)
- Lauren A. Garza (Palmview High School)
- Priscilla Flores (Palmview High School)
- Kate Ferguson (Sharyland High School)
- Lourraine Flores (Sharyland High School)
- Juan Gallegos (Veterans Memorial High School)
- Raven A. Pina (Veterans Memorial High School)
The scholarship recipients attended a luncheon in their honor today. Accompanied by Mission Regional Medical Center Administrators, recipients were awarded their $1,000.00 scholarship check during the luncheon on behalf of Mission Regional Medical Center.