Mission Regional Medical Center Financial Assistance Options
Mission Regional Medical Center understands that paying for emergency and/or medically necessary medical care can be difficult, particularly for patients who lack health insurance. As part of our commitment to our patients, Mission Regional Medical Center provides financial assistance to patients who are indigent and satisfy certain requirements. Our Financial Counselors team works hard to help our patients address their financial responsibilities in a way that is fair and sensitive to their circumstances and is here to help you find financial solutions that can help cover your cost of care.
- Determine if you qualify for Mission Regional Medical Center Financial Assistance Program;
- Set up a payment plan; and
- Determine if you qualify for our Uninsured Patient Discount.
Mission Regional Medical Center Assistance Program
The Mission Regional Medical Center Financial Assistance Policy (available in multiple languages) applies to uninsured patients who come to our facilities for treatment. This policy provides financial relief to patients who qualify based on a comparison of their financial resources and/or income to Federal Poverty Guidelines. The program is designed specifically for non-elective care patients whose household financial resources and/or income are at or below 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Level.
To qualify for assistance, uninsured patients will be asked to complete a Mission Regional Medical Center Financial Assistance Application.
We are committed to working with our patients to establish an appropriate payment plan based on the amount due and the patient’s financial status.
If you have questions regarding our policy or applications(s), please contact our Business Office at (956) 323-1800.
Financial Assistance Documents:
- Mission Regional Medical Center Financial Assistance Policy/ English
- Mission Regional Medical Center Financial Assistance Policy/Spanish
- Mission Regional Medical Center Financial Assistance Summary/English
- Mission Regional Medical Center Financial Assistance Summary/Spanish
- Mission Regional Medical Center Financial Assistance Application/English
- Mission Regional Medical Center Financial Assistance Application/Spanish
Other Assistance Programs
There are a number of available programs from the federal, state and local levels, which can help pay the medical bills for individuals or families who have low income and cannot afford medical care. Often, patients are unaware of these programs or are unable to access them due to the cumbersome enrollment process required to receive these benefits.
Some of these programs include:
- Health Insurance Exchange (Affordable Care Act)
- Crime Victims
- County Indigent Health Care Program
- Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Social Security
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)/Disability Programs
- Age/Disability (A/D)
- State and Federal Kidney Disease Programs
If you have difficulty paying your bill in full, our staff can help set up extended payment plans.
Uninsured Patient Discount
If you do not have health insurance coverage and do not receive financial assistance under the Mission Regional Medical Center Financial Assistance Program, we offer the Uninsured (Rates equal to the Medicare Rate) + 30%.