Automatic Collection of Information:
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the web site or download information, our system will automatically gather and store certain information about your visit. This information does not identify you personally and is used in an aggregate way to help us improve our web site and tell us the number of visitors to our site each day.
Permission-Based Collection of Information:
At different places on our site depending upon the feature you use, you may be asked to volunteer personal information such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, and telephone number.
The following information is collected with your permission at this web site:
- The e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail and those that sign-up for our e-newsletter
- The contact information of those making an on-line donation to the Foundation.
- You will have a chance to opt out of further communication when you receive an acknowledgement replay.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
The information we gather automatically and with your permission during your visit to our web site is used to:
- Respond to your requests
- Acknowledge an on-line gift made to our Foundation
- Monitor and improve our customer service efforts
- Monitor, review, measure, and analyze web site utilization
- Modify and enhance the web site
- Improve the content and design of our web site
- Determine the need for new programs and services
- Study general usage habits for our own marketing research purposes
With Whom Will the Information Be Shared?
The personally identifiable information gathered during your visit to this web site is not shared with any organization for any purpose. We do not rent, sell, exchange or in any way provide personally identifiable information to any third-party organization.
Many web sites now use "cookies" to provide useful features to their visitors by providing customizable and personalized services.
Your browser software can be set to reject all cookies, or to ask you if you would like to accept or decline a cookie from a particular site before it is sent. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies in the Help section of the toolbar. You should know, however, that if you reject a cookie, certain functions and conveniences of a site may not work properly.
Security of Communications
We recognize that many people are concerned about the privacy and protection of information as it is transmitted over the Internet. You should keep in mind that the possibility exists for unauthorized individuals to intercept any e-mail message you send over the Internet. In some cases, information can be encrypted (scrambled or encoded) to make it very difficult to read if it is intercepted during communication. Certain technology and practices allow web sites to provide an increased level of security for your personal and health-related information when appropriate.
We use the following practices on our web site to enhance the level of security for communication and the transmission of personal information:
- We always use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site.
- We have taken reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of personally identifiable information that you may provide.
- We are not responsible for the privacy of e-mail messages except those stored in our system.
- We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site.
Links to Other Sites
This site includes links to non-affiliated external web sites. We have the following practices:
- From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice.
- If our information practices change at some time in the future, we have the following practices:
We will post the policy changes to our web site to notify you of these changes and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check back at our web site periodically.
Web Site Contact Information
This privacy statement was last modified on June 6, 2009.