Excellence in Women’s Health Care
The most important decision you will make for your baby is where he or she will be born! Mission Regional Medical Center’s Birthing Center is a state-of-the-art and family-friendly place right in the Rio Grande Valley where you can comfortably celebrate the birth of your child.
There is a reason why more and more women deliver at Mission Regional Medical Center. Mission Regional Medical Center has earned top performing hospital awards for women’s care services from Healthgrades, a national organization that helps healthcare consumers evaluate and compare hospital performance.
The awards related to women’s care include: 2019 Labor and Delivery Excellence Award™; the 2019 Healthgrades Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award.™; and the 2015 Healthgrades Five Star Rating for Gynecologic Surgery™.
For further information, contact us at 956-519-2055.
Thousands of families have chosen the maternity services of the Birthing Center at Mission Regional Medical Center for many reasons, including:
- An experienced nursing staff that will make you comfortable and guide you through the process of giving birth.
- Prenatal classes that will help you prepare for your experience at our birthing center and the first days of parenthood.
- Our family-centered approach that encourages the support of husbands, family or friends during childbirth.
- A fully staffed, 24-hour nursery where your baby will be tended to and securely guarded.
- A nationally-certified breastfeeding specialist to help mothers through the first hours and days of breastfeeding.
- Two operating rooms conveniently located in Labor and Delivery if your baby is delivered by cesarean section.
- 24-hour in-house anesthesia team who will assist with epidurals and other pain management techniques.
- A Level III NICU on standby, providing the highest caliber of neonatal care, including the latest technologies, if your pre-term or full term baby needs special care.
When you choose the Mission Regional Medical Center’s Birthing Center, you will be in the most capable and caring hands in the Rio Grande Valley.